GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering exceptional gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery and land-based casino channels. In our 2019-2020 fiscal year alone, OLG achieved net income of over $2.3 billion in the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding its horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world-class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need an enthusiast Senior Application Support Specialist provide day-to-day monitoring and maintenance of cloud and on-premises operations, including managing all aspects of the application environment to meet current and future application demand.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Sr Manager, Applications Support, you will be empowered to:
- Execute daily delivery of cloud/on-premises application operations activities including maintenance (daily checks, fixes or minor changes), upgrades/patches, preventive maintenance, optimization and lifecycle management life (including decommissioning) to be able to provide stable and reliable services. technological solutions
- Work with external vendors, as appropriate, for ongoing support and maintenance by engaging the vendor and collecting diagnostic data used to resolve incidents and issues as needed
- Provide design and development of application enhancements using the Pillars of Cloud Operations best practices methodologies, tools, and framework to achieve quality standards consistently
- Prepare and provide support in the implementation, testing and integration of new applications to ensure stability
- Provide Tier 2 Application Support and support Tier 3 Application Support as needed and escalate as needed to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Compose communication with key stakeholders for updates, service impacts, etc.
- Identify and validate key system functions and integrations
- Support technology asset management throughout the lifecycle, from application to decommissioning, to ensure accurate reporting and tracking
- Support the change and release management process, including defining release strategy and activities for change projects, service readiness and acceptance, and service transition
- Develop and test outage response, disaster recovery and business continuity plans to ensure adequate recovery time to minimize disruptions
- Identify, assess and communicate cloud/on-premises operational risks and support the development of recommendations outlining how to reduce any risk exposure
- Maintain and update documentation of key processes and procedures regarding cloud operations to ensure safeguards are kept current and utilized by new entrants to enable business continuity
- Additional Job Details: Required to comply with and interpret regulations and policies and to ensure compliance.
- Supports multiple applications and its integrations (not limited to) Microsoft 365 Business Applications, Dynamics 365, Workday, Peoplesoft, etc.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: Minimum of five (5) years of experience in progressive roles within technology or a related function. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in cloud operations/on-premises/application operations in a fast-paced enterprise environment. Proficiency in eleven (11) of the above core skill areas listed above. Provide subject matter expertise and/or guidance to the team.
Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in the field of information systems, business administration and/or project management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience managing and maintaining on-premises and cloud application environments.
Primary knowledge around:
- Technical troubleshooting
- App operation and health monitoring
- Cloud Resource Management
- Technology systems management
- Application delivery process
- Application software implementation
- Application maintenance
- Software installation and support
- Distributing software
- Email Administration
- Web administration
- Directory Service Administration
- Mobile social apps
- Computer network defense
Secondary knowledge around:
- PC/workstation software
- Performance measurement and tuning
- Data governance
- Integration of systems and technologies
- Information management
- Data managment
- Data warehousing
- Data movement tools
- Repository tools
- Database structures
- Content management
- Database query and access tools
- Object-Relational Database Systems (ORDMS)
- Relational databases
- Big data management and analysis
- Document management
Cooperation and fun: inclusive and collaborative working style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what is right and operate with transparency and openness
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that returns all profits to the province and the people of Ontario
Flexible work environment: to help balance work and life
You count: family-friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to succeed
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Ontario government
Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success (permanent OLG employees only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion dollar organization with a wide range of business segments including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charitable gaming. OLG is in the midst of a massive transformation to become customer obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be based on real, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote work.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for Ontarians. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates should apply online by May 11, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.