Dubai, November 17, 2021: OutSystems, a global leader in modern application development, today unveiled a next-generation application platform that enables development teams to build cutting-edge cloud applications. Today, more than 14 million people use applications created on the OutSystems platform. Customers rely on OutSystems to build everything from mobile apps and consumer websites to workgroup apps and extensions to other core systems like Microsoft, SAP, and Salesforce. The new platform, named Project Neo, delivers the next level of application scalability and developer productivity that businesses need to compete in a cloud-driven world.
OutSystems designed the new platform from the ground up to directly solve the most pressing challenges facing businesses today as they navigate constant change, software development talent shortages and the critical need for modernize their business. Project Neo combines the productivity benefits of model-driven visual development with industry-leading container and Kubernetes-based cloud architecture, hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS), so any business can build custom cloud applications capable of global change. and continuous.
âOutSystems pushes the boundaries of traditional software development. With Project Neo, we have designed a platform that allows any development team to build any Internet-scale application, âsaid Paulo Rosado, CEO and Founder of OutSystems. âDevelopers should be the innovators in their organization, but they are mired in a complexity that stifles their ability to innovate and differentiate themselves. Instead of using their talents to repair, modify, and maintain aging code and systems, you can give them cutting edge tools that unleash their creativity in your business and gain a huge competitive advantage.
How to Achieve Massive Productivity Through Continuous Change
The new OutSystems platform is like adding hundreds of elite software interpreters to a development team and giving them the tools that are traditionally beyond the reach of everyone except the tech elite. By democratizing development, customers can build platforms that combine containers and Kubernetes with cutting-edge cloud technologies, such as serverless, database autoscaling, event-based orchestration, and messaging. .
OutSystems enables teams to move their legacy applications to the cloud, build new, more strategic applications, or embark on digital transformation initiatives that impact every corner of their organization, from their internal processes to mobile applications. Project Neo does this by:
- Manage critical but undifferentiated aspects of development: Allowing developers to focus on code that delivers innovation and competitive advantage, Project Neo automates DevOps processes, manages an advanced cloud runtime environment, automatically documents code, resolves code dependencies, performs regression testing, applies architectural standards, continually adds new platform functionality, and keeps the entire system up-to-the-minute.
- Executing elite-level DevOps practices: Allows developers to make critical changes to applications in hours rather than days or weeks, including multiple critical changes each day without increasing technical debt.
- Constantly updated with new cloud technologies: Designed to ensure that all cloud applications are always active and at the cutting edge of technology, Project Neo is automatically updated with the latest cloud technologies without impacting applications already in production.
- Automatic adaptation of consumer and B2B applications to huge demand peaks: It can be difficult to predict when user communities may grow, but developers can ensure that apps can scale to hundreds of millions of users as organizations and apps use Are growing.
- Optimize the work of individual developers and large enterprise software factories: Project Neo will enable any development organization to operate at a peak productivity and performance level, enabling hundreds of developers to work simultaneously and continuously update application portfolios.
Project Neo is now available for a public preview ahead of its official launch in 2022. Project Neo will be held alongside the company’s market-leading platform, OutSystems 11, which analysts and developers consider to be a first choice for enterprise-level low-code development. The company will continue to invest in the current platform as it coexists with Project Neo, giving customers options for cloud native, multi-cloud, or on-premises solutions that work best for them. Developers can OutSystems 11 test free and overview of the Neo project.