We include products that we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here is our process.
NordicTrack and Tempo are two American companies that manufacture training mirrors. These types of equipment are suitable for all fitness levels and allow users to indulge in exercises such as yoga and weight training.
This article explores in more detail the NordicTrack and Tempo brands and the training mirrors they offer. It also examines the benefits of smart mirrors and alternative products.
Please note that the author of this article has not tried any of these products. All information presented is purely research-based.
NordicTrack is a company that produces equipment for home exercise. The brand’s available fitness equipment includes:
The company also presents to users iFit, a subscription app that offers unlimited workouts for different levels of fitness.
At the time of publication, NordicTrack has a rating of 1.15 on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Rating Platform.
Many complaints focus on customer service issues, citing that company representatives were slow to respond to customer issues. However, some people have written that NordicTrack offers fast shipping and they have had no problem signing up for monthly payments.
Learn more about the NordicTrack brand.
Tempo manufactures home workout mirrors that offer interactive workout and daily classes.
A person can also find certain accessories on the company’s website, including:
In addition, the website allows individuals to view the profiles of the coaches, so that they can learn more about the workouts provided by the coaches.
However, Tempo does not have accreditation or rating with the BBB.
There are currently three complaints listed on its BBB profile page, two of which do not appear on BBB’s website. The two unpublished complaints were about delivery issues.
The third complaint cited the 12-month commitment to the monthly subscription fee, with the customer stating that even if they sold their Tempo products, they still had to pay for the subscription.
Learn more about the Tempo Studio Home Gym.
Smart mirrors offer several health benefits.
Smart mirrors also allow users to participate in online group classes. An older study from 2012 notes that having a virtual exercise partner can lead to increased aerobic performance.
Plus, according to health experts, regular physical activity can help:
This section explores the training mirrors that NordicTrack and Tempo produce.
NordicTrack offers the Vault line: two training mirrors that the company calls a connected home gym.
Both models feature:
- 61.5 inch (in) reflective mirror
- 32-inch rotating smart touchscreen
- a carbon steel frame
- a 30-day iFit family subscription
- hanging shelves
- cleaning towels
- a weight of 258 pounds (lb)
People who purchase NordicTrack training mirrors can benefit from:
- a 10-year framework warranty
- a 2-year parts warranty
- a 1 year warranty on labor
- a 30 day return policy
According to the company’s website, the mirrors have a
The information below takes a closer look at NordicTrack Vault mirrors.
The complete safe
The Complete Vault training mirror has a vertical area for storing fitness tools. It also includes a set of kettlebells, resistance bands, resistance loop bands, a workout mat, and yoga blocks.
All customers who purchase a Vault mirror have access to iFit workouts for 30 days. These workouts include yoga, pilates, and strength training, while people can also exercise with fitness trainers.
At the time of publication, the full vault is available for $ 2,999. Additionally, NordicTrack offers a monthly payment plan for those who qualify, with prices starting at $ 65 per month.
The autonomous safe
The functionality of this training mirror is similar to that of the full safe. It has a vertical storage area but does not come with the fitness accessories and additional weights included in the full safe.
The Standalone Vault also comes with a 30-day iFit subscription.
The standalone safe costs $ 1,999, while eligible people can also pay in monthly installments starting at $ 42 per month.
Advantages and disadvantages
The NordicTrack brand has several advantages and disadvantages.
This company sells the Tempo Studio home gym, an all-in-one workout mirror solution with artificial intelligence technology.
Some of its features include the following:
- a 42-inch HD touchscreen
- a high strength aluminum frame
- 3D sensors that track movement and provide form feedback
- stereo speakers
- dimensions of:
- 6 feet (ft) (height)
- 2’22 ” (width)
- 1 ft 4 in (depth)
- a weight of 100 lbs when unloaded
Each Tempo is delivered with:
- a 30-day free trial
- 30 day money back guarantee
- a 3-year limited warranty
- white gloves delivery
In addition, Tempo offers three packages adapted to different levels of physical condition. People can choose the amount of strength training equipment included in the package.
At time of publication, Tempo starts at $ 2,495 and eligible people can pay in monthly installments starting at $ 69.
Advantages and disadvantages
People who use Tempo equipment should consider some of its pros and cons.
The table below compares the NordicTrack Vault and the Tempo Studio mirror.
Those interested in purchasing a training mirror may want to consider other alternative mirrors, including:
- ProForm Vue: Features a 22-inch touchscreen, reflective surface, and rear accessory storage. It also comes with a 30-day iFit family subscription and costs $ 1,499.
- Reflection level: Comes with a 32 inch screen and a weight of 40 lbs. It also allows users to attend live classes with fitness instructors. This training mirror is available for $ 1,199.99 and comes with a 12-month limited warranty on parts and labor.
- The mirror: Offers training programs, individual training and a family membership. A person can also benefit from a 30-day risk-free trial and a standard one-year warranty. The company can also offer an extended protection plan. It costs $ 1,495. Learn more about the Mirror.
- Elevator Studio Forme Life: Featuring a 43-inch display and variable resistance of up to 150 lbs, the Studio Lift also comes with a heart rate monitor, ankle straps, and screen camera covers. The company offers a 30-day refundable trial period. The mirror is available for $ 4,495.
NordicTrack and Tempo training mirrors allow people to train at home.
Both companies offer a return policy for customers who are not happy with their products. These items also come with various guarantees.
People who want to start working out at home can also explore other home gym equipment companies.