This tutorial covers setting up OneDrive personal vault. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to set up OneDrive personal safe. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check out how to set up OneDrive personal safe
Microsoft recently launched a new feature on OneDrive Consumer called Personal Vault. Personal Vault adds a layer of security in OneDrive. This means that anyone who accesses your OneDrive (for example, bypassing your device’s security) will still need to authenticate to access the vault.
This makes Personal Vault ideal for backing up critical confidential files, such as a scan of your passport, driver’s license, or tax ID card. The personal safe is available wherever OneDrive is available. In this article, you will learn more about the initial safe setup and how to access it through desktops, mobile devices, and the web.
The cloud is a great place to store data. Cloud backups help prevent data loss due to fire, flood, and theft, while cloud storage is an easy way to increase your storage space or sync multiple devices.
However, that doesn’t mean that you have to rush to store all your data online without considering the security of cloud storage. Even features like OneDrive’s personal safe and file encryption can’t stop your files from spreading across the Internet, where anyone can access them.
Steps to configure OneDrive Personal Vault
- Click on the OneDrive icon in your taskbar, then tap “Open Folder”
- Double-click on the “Personal Vault” shortcut in your OneDrive folder
- The OneDrive Vault shortcut must be in the root directory of the folder. To find it quickly, you can click on the Explorer window and then press “P” repeatedly until it is selected.
- Double clicking on it will open the OneDrive Personal Vault settings window.
- Press “Next” in the personal safe configuration window
- Enter your Microsoft password
- Select a verification method
- You’ll have a few options here, including text, app authenticator, email, or biometrics. Select the one that is the most convenient.
- Enter the required verification information
- If you chose an SMS like we did, you will need to enter the last four digits of your phone number. Otherwise, you may need to interact with your phone, fingerprint reader, or provide your email.
- Enter your four-digit code and click on “Verify”
- If you choose to authenticate by SMS or e-mail, enter your four-digit code and press “Verify”. If you haven’t, follow the prompts that appear on your screen.
- Save files to your new personal safe
- Your personal safe should appear in the sidebar of the File Explorer window. Alternatively, you can access it at any time by tapping the shortcut in your main OneDrive folder. To add files to it, simply browse by saving or dragging directly into the folder.
- OneDrive Personal Vault is limited to three files if you have a free or standalone 100GB plan. However, if you have Office 365, you can store as many files as you want as long as you don’t exceed your limit. storage.
Final words: How to set up OneDrive personal safe
hope you will understand this item How to set up OneDrive personal safe, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.